Our new Lightning team is growing by the minute…here are some of the faces to watch:
Date of Birth: March 3, 1964
Co- Founder/President, Jackson Kayak
- Sales, Marketing, R+D, CEO, President, Athlete, Janitor, Tech. Re
- US Team Member since 1989 in either Freestyle or Slalom, and Olympia
- Four-time and reigning World Freestyle Kayak Champion (1993, 2001, 2005, 2007)
- Two Time Pre-World Champion(2000, 2004)
- 2006 World Cup Champion
- Three Time Winner Teva Mountain Games
- 7 Times Gorge Games Champion
- (4 Times Extreme Race Champion, 3 Times Boater-Cross Champion)
- USA Slalom National Champion- 1990
- Winner of Ocoee Rodeo 1984
- Father of Dane, Emily, and KC, husband to Kristine
Boats: Star, 2 Fun, Little Hero
- 2009 ICF World Freestyle Champion
- 2008 World Cup Freestyle Champion Senior
- 2007 World Champion Juniors
- Ranked #1 Female Slalom Paddler in the US 2009
- 5th Place Squirt World Championships 2009
- 6 Time Teva Mountain Game Winner
- Placed Top Three Each Freestyle Event Entered in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 (and all except one in 2005!)
- 6x US Freestyle Team Member
- Women’s Adventure: Cover Story
- Cosmo Girl
- Cover of Playboating UK
- Kayak Session: Emily Jackson
- Tarzan: A Japanese Fitness Magazine
- Fusion TV
- National Geographic TV
- American Whitewater Magazine
- Most of EJ’s Instructional Videos
- Here and Now- by Nick Troutman
- World Cup Video- by Jez Blanchard
- Donated $5,000 of my own personal money to Soft Power Health, which was thus used in 2006 to pay for Doctors Salary for a full year, refurbished a school, helped fund sending a girl to medical school and encouraged people to raise another $25,000.
- 6x Years of Teaching a Week Program in NYC for the Boys and Girls Harbor. Under privileged kids seeking an education get to spend a week on the rivers around NY and Connecticut with me!
- Twice visited the rehabilitation center in Texas for Iraqi War Veterans and help teach them how to kayak!
- Guest instructor for Slalom at the 2008 Olympic Trials in Kenya for all
- African Nations. Kenya the host country had zero people competing in slalom to represent Slalom so a group of us went over and taught for a couple weeks! We had 10 Kenyans race!!
Height: 5′ 3″ Weight: 102 lbs
Boats: Star, Villain S, 2 Fun
Jacksonkayak, Immersion Research(Gear), Lightning Paddles , FNA Head Gear
Places Traveled to:
49 of the states (at least driven through), Spain, Canada, Costa Rica, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Uganda, South Africa.
Top 3 Favorite Rivers:
Zambezi, Ottawa, Nile
Top 3 Favorite Creeks:
Mann’s Creek, Green Narrows, Upper White Salmon
Videos Been In:
Here & Now, Hotel Charley: The Lost World, Burning Time 1 (and A Few More)
Magazines Been In:
Kayak Session, Paddler Magazine, American White Water (and like 5 more)
I have been kayaking for 15 years now and It is definitely what I want to do for the rest of my life. My dad is Eric Jackson and he has taught me since I started kayaking, I would not be where I am today if not for him. I live in Rock Island TN, I travel 6 months out of the year travel all over the US in an RV, traveling to events and clinics.
Date of Birth: Oct. 20, 1988
Hometown: Beachburg ON, 582 Ottawa river LOCAL
Boat of Choice: New Fun, New Rocker, New All-Star, I love them All!
Nick Troutman, from the “desk” of EJ…
Watching Nick Troutman’s progress as a paddler as a member of team JK has been a joy. He is the nicest guy you’ll ever meet. Humble, but one of the best, fun and friendly, but a fierce competitor, and young, but very mature. You understand why I let him live at my house and date my daughter if you get the chance to meet him! That is a hard pair of shoes to fill!
I started kayaking at the age of 13. I have lived beside the Ottawa River, being by the water my whole life. Though it wasn’t until I jumped into a kayak that I realized what I was missing. The sport has opened my eyes to many experiences only seen from the seat of my kayak.
I just can’t get enough of the adrenaline rush of running hard rapids and big drops, huge waves, as well as fierce competition.